Next Adventure Amateur Championship
August 28-29, 2010
Pier Park, Portland, Oregon
Advanced & Intermediate Divisions
$1,000 Ace Pot *
HUGE Player's Pack
- Four Discs
- Mountain Hardware - Dri-Fit Tournament Shirt
- Custom Fade "Crunch" Disc Golf Bag
- Pint Glass
Estimated retail value of player's pack over $139
PDGA Player List/Results: http://bit.ly/PDGA_NAAC
Firefly Disc Golf and Next Adventure are proud to present the premier Amateur ONLY disc golf event in Portland, Oregon in 2010. Next Adventure's Amateur Championship (NAAC pronounced nak) promises to bring a festival atmosphere to the traditional tournament play and should be fun for players and guests. The NAAC will be held Saturday and Sunday, August 28th through 29th at Pier Park. Steve Carson and Ryan Gwillim of Firefly Disc Golf are the co-tournament directors and will draw on their successful experience in running tournaments to make this a fair and well run tournament for all. The event is also sanctioned by the PDGA as a B-Tier tournament.
Bryan Knudsen and the crew from Next Adventure will be providing lunch and dinner on Sunday for players and will provide additional prizes, music, and festivities for a players party that evening. Divisions will be split into two pools. Both pools will play two rounds on Saturday and one round on Sunday with the top 4 advanced players participating in a "Safari" final 9 to determine the overall winner in that division.
- Pool A - Advanced (MA1, MM1, FW1)
- Pool B - Intermediate (MA2)
Saturday August 28th
- 7:00 a.m. Player Check in for Pool B
- 7:30 a.m. Pool B Player's Meeting
- 8:00 a.m. Pool B Round 1 Starts
- 10:00 a.m. Player Check in for Pool A
- 10:30 a.m. Pool A Player's Meeting
- 11:00 a.m. Pool A Round 1 Starts
- 1:30 p.m. Pool B Player's Meeting
- 2:00 p.m. Pool B Round 2 Starts
- 4:30 p.m. Pool A Player's Meeting
- 5:00 p.m. Pool A Round 2 Starts
Sunday, August 29th
- 8:30 a.m. Pool A Player's Meeting
- 9:00 a.m. Pool A Round 3 Starts
- 11:00 a.m. Lunch served for Pool B players
- 11:30 a.m. Pool B Player's Meeting
- 12:00 p.m. Pool B Round 3 Starts
- 1:00 p.m. Lunch Ends
- 3:00 p.m. Tie Breaker rounds - Prep for Advanced Final 9
- 3:30 p.m. Final 9 for top four (4) Advanced Players
- 5:00 p.m. Dinner for all players
- 5:30 p.m. Ring of Fire
- 6:00 p.m. Award Ceremony
- 6:30 p.m. Raffle for Portable Baskets - Must be present to win!
- a special skill, talent, or aptitude: He had a NAAC for throwing the right disc.
- a clever or adroit way of doing something.
- a trick or ruse
- a sharp, cracking sound. (Not the sound you want to hear when your disc hits a doug fir!)
More information - Official Tournament Communication -> email@example.com
Download the attached Players Notes for more information regarding the tournament.
First Place Trophy - That's a digital picture frame, soon to have YOUR picture in it (if you throw well!)
|2010 First Place Trophy.jpg||57.29 KB|